Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Diamondback Drugs is now a Wedgewood Pharmacy Company, the leader in custom compounding for veterinary prescribers and patients nationwide.
“Great Care Delivered” is the promise that we make to our customers, and it all starts with our ingredients! As a Compounding Pharmacy Technician, you will be responsible for blending the highest-quality ingredients to create the first-class medications that our furry friends deserve.
What you’ll do:
- Carefully prepare medications of the highest quality to meet the needs of individual patients
- Compound non-sterile medications including, but not limited to capsules, oral liquids, topical medications, nasal preparations, tablets, or treats
- Label prescriptions and prepackage bulk medications
- Monitor inventory levels for re-order of depleting inventory or expiring chemicals, and receive additional inventory
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly cleaning using appropriate disinfectants and techniques
- Perform environmental monitoring and validation testing according to policies and procedures
- Utilize strong attention to detail, math skills, and extreme focus
- Meet or exceed metrics for creating prescriptions
- Help ensure pet owners and vets get their medicine in a timely fashion
What you’ve done:
- Obtained a High School Diploma or GED
- Established strong basic math skills
- Obtained a Certified Pharmacy Technician license through the AZ State Board of Pharmacy
- Worked in a fast-paced environment and followed specific instructions or procedures
Who you are:
- An individual with a disciplined mindset and great attention to detail, accuracy and precision
- Always show up (on time) with a positive, professional attitude. No exceptions!
- Able to stand up to 8+ hours a day and routinely lift up to 25 lbs.
What’s in it for you:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Life and disability insurance
- A generous paid time off program that increases every year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for growth - We believe in promoting from within and do so through our internal job posting program!
When will you work?
The hours of operation for the compounding department are Monday through Thursday from 6:00am to 10:00pm, Fridays 6:00am to 7:00pm, and Saturdays from 6:00am to 4:00pm. This is a full time position and shifts may vary.
Wedgewood Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time