Compounding Pharmacy Technician
Diamondback Drugs is the leader in custom compounding for veterinary prescribers and patients nationwide. We pride ourselves on world class customer service. Due to the tremendous growth of our business we are seeking Certified Pharmacy Technicians to join our Compounding team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities for Compounding Position
- Compounding technician shall have knowledge of and follow applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Compounding technician will be responsible for knowledge of USP guidelines.
- Non-sterile compounding may include but is not limited to the compounding of capsules, oral liquids, topical medications, nasal preparations, suppositories, troches, tablet triturates or treats.
- Standards for accuracy, pharmaceutical elegance and potency shall be consistently met.
- Compounds medication, fills and labels prescriptions and prepackages bulk medications.
- Monitors inventory levels for re-order of depleting inventory or expiring chemicals, receives additional inventory, maintains SDS (formerly MSDS) and Certificates of Analysis.
- Performs daily, weekly and monthly cleaning using appropriate disinfectants and techniques.
- Performs environmental monitoring and validation testing according to policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience
- Certified Pharmacy Technician license through the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy is required.
- Experience compounding capsules and suspensions is a plus.
The hours of operation for the compounding department is Monday through Thursday from 6:00am to 10:00pm. Fridays 6:00am to 7:00pm. Saturdays from 6:00am to 4:00pm. We are closed on Sundays.
This is a full time position and shifts may vary. The pay rate for this position is based on skills and experience. The benefit plans include, medical, dental, vision, and 401K with a company match. An employee receives 15 days of PTO their first year. We offer paid holidays and other company-paid benefits.
Job Status: Full Time