Compounding Tablet Press Specialist
Diamondback Drugs is the leader in custom compounding for veterinary prescribers and patients nationwide. We pride ourselves on world class customer service. Due to the tremendous growth of our business we are seeking a Compounding Tablet Press Specialist to join our team in the Compounding department.
Summary: Manufacture in-process and finished products, and complete documentation in accordance with batch records, company Standard Operating Procedures (S.O.P.s) and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cG.M.P.s).
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Locate mixed material specified in batch record.
- Assemble tablet press and prepare room to produce tablets.
- Run presses to compress tablets (trained operators must run 2-4 simultaneously).
- Monitor tablet quality during processing and adjust equipment as needed to maintain quality.
- Perform checks on the product such as hardness, weight and thickness every 30 minutes or as specified in the batch record.
- Calculate weights and yield of product.
- Clean room and equipment per approved S.O.P.
- Follow all applicable cG.M.P.’s and safety policies.
Skills and Experience
- At least three years' experience running a tablet press.
- Experience using Manesty and Stokes Tablet Presses.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Certified, Licensed Arizona Pharmacy Technician license is a plus.
- Ability to speak, read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos in English. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move 50 to 100 pounds. Good hand-eye coordination is required to assemble, operate, and disassemble equipment.
- Ability to work well with others as well as independently.
- Ability to work overtime hours when necessary.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be detail oriented to capture data required by batch record and S.O.P.
Full time, hours may vary. Pay rate based on skills and experience. The benefit plans include medical, dental, vision, 401K with a match and other company paid benefits. We offer a very generous PTO plan as well. Send resume to jobs.diamondbackdrugs.com for consideration.
Job Status: Full Time