Help Desk Technician
The IT Support Technician is responsible for answering, evaluating, and prioritizing incoming requests for assistance from users experiencing problems with desktop hardware, software, networking, and other computer related technologies. Ideal candidates are proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems (7/8/10), Microsoft Office Suites 2010/2013/2016, have some knowledge of Office 365, and possess good knowledge of current hardware platforms, mobile devices, and printers.
What you’ll do:
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation and follow-up for user issues
- Schedule and complete preventative maintenance for PCs, lap tops and printers
- Load specified software packages such as operating systems, word processing, or spreadsheet programs into computer
- Provide professional, prompt and courteous end user assistance for all computing devices and applications
- Handle IT on boarding process for new users
- Troubleshoot and replace hardware, hard drives, memory, and other networking peripherals
- Install, configure, and support copiers, fax machines, printers, scanners and miscellaneous peripheral hardware
- Participate in rotation coverage for after-hours emergencies with critical systems
What you’ve done:
- Obtained a High School Diploma or GED, Bachelor Degree preferred
- Demonstrated the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees/management
- Trained end users – both one-on-one and in groups
- Quickly identified specific hardware problems and troubleshoot
Who you are:
- Possess strong knowledge of Windows Vista 7/8/10 and Windows Server 2008 – 2012
- Experience with Office Suite 2010/2013/2016
- Have experience with PC imaging software
- Have Basic IP networking knowledge and troubleshooting
- Experienced in hardware and software on Dell Desktops and Laptops
- Experienced in configuring, installing, and repairing Apple devices such as IPads and IPhones
- CompTIA Net+, A+, Sec+, MCSE or equivalent experience
- Experience building and administering Windows servers and Active Directory domains a plus
- Ability to configure, manage and maintain NAS systems a plus
What’s in it for you:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Life and disability insurance
- A generous paid time off program that increases every year
- Tuition reimbursement
When will you work?
The hours for this position are 8:00am – 5:30pm Monday – Friday
Wedgewood Pharmacy is the nation’s leading animal health compounding pharmacy and has been recognized with awards from the New Jersey Business & Industry Association in 2017 as an Outstanding Employer and in 2015 for Business Success. Additionally, Wedgewood Pharmacy was named a 2016 recipient of the Marcum Innovator of the Year Award.
We are located in Swedesboro, NJ (5 minutes from the Commodore Barry Bridge, and just 30 minutes from Philadelphia, PA and Wilmington, DE) and in Scottsdale, AZ (conveniently located near the 101 and Old Towne Scottsdale).
Sound like a good fit?
Please apply online, submit your resume and let’s start the conversation!
Wedgewood Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Status: Full Time