Operations Manager (Pharmaceutical Experience is a Plus!)
Diamondback Drugs is the leader in custom compounding for veterinary prescribers and patients nationwide. We pride ourselves on world class customer service and due to the tremendous growth of our business we are seeking an Operations Manager to join our team.
Under the direction of the Chief Operating Officer, the successful candidate will plan, direct and coordinate the organization's compounding pharmacy operations. This person will be responsible for improving performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability using lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and implements goals and strategies for improving operations and processes.
- Leads team to follow applicable Standard Operating Procedures and help them to achieve business goals. Monitors adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Utilizes lean manufacturing tools and techniques to support a culture of continuous process improvement.
- Ensures process improvement objectives, projects, specific goals, measures and metrics are established.
- Works with team leaders to manage quality and quantity of employee productivity.
- Collaborates with cross functional leaders and teams in the development and execution of short and long term business and strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational plans.
- Utilizes a hands-on approach, managing the quality, operations and strategy of a growing custom compounding pharmacy.
- Ensure successful kaizen events by training and ensuring compliance to the kaizen process including: 1) planning of kaizen events with a direct impact on strategic and KPI targets; 2) kaizen execution; and 3) sustainment of kaizen.
- Staffing, performance management, coaching and counseling of a diverse employee workforce.
- Generate daily, weekly, and monthly analyses to assess and improve operations.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have 5 to 10 years experience as Operations Supervisor/Manager in a manufacturing or production based environment.
- Compounding Pharmacy Operations experience is a plus.
- Communication and conflict resolution skills with all levels of the organization.
- Comprehensive business knowledge of organization structure, business functions, budgets, forecasting and metrics.
- Previous staffing, performance management, coaching and counseling experience.
- Must be comfortable in a fast paced, hands-on environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Operations Management or similar discipline or work experience.
- Active Arizona Pharmacy Technician License or willingness to obtain.
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certified or other lean training/experience preferred.
This is a full-time position. The benefit plans include, medical, dental, vision, and 401K with a company match. An employee receives 17 days of PTO their first year. We offer paid holidays and other company paid benefits.
Job Status: Full Time