Diamondback Drugs is now a Wedgewood Pharmacy Company, the leader in custom compounding for veterinary prescribers and patients nationwide.
Wedgewood Pharmacy is seeking a Licensed Arizona Pharmacist to join our team as Staff Pharmacist.
What you'll do:
- Supervise pharmacy technicians compounding of preparations, filling and labeling of prescriptions and prepackaging of bulk medications
- Communicate with providers for the purpose of receiving new prescription orders, clarification of prescriptions or refill authorizations, perform final check on prescriptions, counsel patients and answer questions from patients and providers, and oversee compounding
- Consistently meet standards for accuracy, pharmaceutical elegance and potency
- Adhere to USP and guidelines and Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by management, pharmacist in charge or shift leader
Who you are:
- An Arizona Licensed Pharmacist with knowledge of basic principles, theories, regulations, laws, policies and procedures that pertain to the practice of pharmacy
- Possess knowledge of non-sterile and sterile compounding: may include but is not limited to the compounding of capsules, oral liquids, injectables, topical medications, nasal preparations, suppositories, troches, tablet triturates or treats
- Detail oriented with good analytical skills
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
What you've done:
- Obtained 3-5 years of pharmacy experience
- Obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Pharmacy (BS) or Doctorate Degree in Pharmacy (Pharm. D.)
What’s in it for you:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes health, dental, and flexible spending accounts
- 401(k) retirement plan with a generous company contribution
- Life and disability insurance
- A generous paid time off program that increases every year
- Tuition reimbursement
- Opportunity for growth - We believe in promoting from within and do so through our internal job posting program!
When will you work?
We are open Monday through Friday from 6am - 10pm, Saturday's from 6am - 4pm.
Wedgewood Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer.