Diamondback Drugs is the leader in custom compounding for veterinary prescribers and patients nationwide. We pride ourselves on world class customer service. Due to the tremendous growth of our business we are seeking Pharmacists to join our team.
Job Activities and Responsibilities
- Compounding pharmacist shall have knowledge of and follow applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Compounding pharmacist must adhere to USP and guidelines and Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations.
- Compounding pharmacist shall possess knowledge of non-sterile and sterile compounding: may include but is not limited to the compounding of capsules, oral liquids, injectables, topical medications, nasal preparations, suppositories, troches, tablet triturates or treats.
- Standards for accuracy, pharmaceutical elegance and potency shall be consistently met.
- Compounding pharmacist shall supervise pharmacy technicians compounding of preparations, filling and labeling of prescriptions and prepackaging of bulk medications.
- Compounding pharmacist shall communicate with providers for the purpose of receiving new prescription orders, clarification of prescriptions or refill authorizations, perform final check on prescriptions, counsel patients and answer questions from patients and providers.
- Performs other duties as assigned or requested by management, pharmacist in charge or shift leader.
- Pharmacist license issued by the Arizona Board of Pharmacy required.
- Formal training in non-sterile and sterile compounding or equivalent experience preferred.
- 3 to 5 years of pharmacy experience required. Management experience preferred.
- Ability to use a computer keyboard.
- Position requires good hand-eye coordination.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
We are open Monday through Friday from 6am - 10pm, Saturday's from 6am - 4pm, and Closed on Sunday. No third-party insurance. Pay rate based on skills and experience. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, generous PTO plan, paid holidays and other company-paid benefits.
Send resume to jobs.diamondbackdrugs.com for consideration.
Job Status: Full Time